Scaling up ideas to
Advanced Manufacturing Institute (AMI)
From Lab To Market
- 75Investment in manufacturing accounts for 75 percent of private company R&D and 60 percent of private company R&D employee
- 14AMI consists of 14 UH faculty members with expertise in transitioning research projects to manufactured and marketable products
- 25More than $25 million was acquired for AMI programs, including $3 million from Industry sponsors and $3.5 million from the state of Texas Emerging Technology Fund.
Advanced manufacturing is expanding, world-wide and substantial investments are pouring into the field. AMI is a leader in manufacturing research because of its diverse disciplines. Most centers for advanced manufacturing specialize in one or a few areas. The ongoing research, especially in superconductor wire manufacturing and roll-to-roll manufacturing of crystalline semiconductors, is unique and not typical areas of expertise of any other academic manufacturing center nationwide.
- Superconductor Wire Manufacturing
- Roll-to-Roll Semiconductor Manufacturing
- Flexible Electronics Manufacturing
- Chemicals Manufacturing
- Battery Manufacturing